The Maker's Creed (also known simply as "the Creed") is the primary statement of doctrine embraced by the Brotherhood of the Maker. Its central assertions are as follows:
- In the beginning, Eld drew the Ring of Eld in the Void, circumscribing the world of Ao within it.
- Once Ao was defined, Eld created all that fills it, from the substance of the earth to the mortal beings who walk it.
- Eld imbued mortals with the freedom to determine moral worth through the use of their conscience and innate reason.
- After forming Ao, Eld withdrew from it, satisfied in the completion of his greatest project.
- Eld continues to exist perpetually outside of the Ring of Eld, though he never crosses through it to interfere with the functioning of his creation.